Thursday, November 12, 2015

40 week sibling update... Surrogate Side

Date:  November 12, 2015

How Many Weeks:  40+ weeks

Total Weight Gain: 26lbs

Baby Size:  Jackfruit (what the heck is that?)

What is going on with this baby:
  • Baby's continuing to grow hair and nails. This baby is gonna have quite the head of hair if the old wives' tale is true because I have some serious indigestion. o_O
  • And keeping up that lung development, too.
Maternity Clothes:  Let's just say I'd rather not wear pants anymore. But, don't worry, I do... At least I'm on leave right now just waiting to have this baby; I can wear yoga pants and pajama bottoms all day if I'd like. Finding a long enough shirt to cover my entire belly is getting tough these days, though.

With all that said, at least I can say that my hospital bag is finally packed (not that I use anything in it, really). Chapstick and a toothbrush is all I really need. But, the dang thing is packed. 

Sleep:  What is that? I haven't slept (well) in quite a while. I'll go to bed and get a couple hours of deep sleep and then it's insanely light sleep, tossing and turning and going pee. My back ends up hurting so much from the weight of my belly pulling down as I sleep on my sides. I tried sleeping on my back, but, whoa, I can't breathe! Yikes!

Movement:  You'd think it would start to run out of room at this point, but nope. This one manages to stretch my belly to accommodate his/her needs. Lol! 

Symptoms:  I was wrong; there has been no real progression from all of these contractions. They are simply just to torture and give me false hope. My back continues to be painful and it's now pretty much the entire day. To make things even more fun, it now hurts to walk. To walk!!! Do you realize how much walking one does in a day?! I am worse than an old lady! Slooooooooooooow. 

Moving on, I went to the doctor yesterday for an ultrasound (because I am now overdue and they need to monitor my fluids) and had a regular appointment afterwards. Things with the baby are great; plenty of movement (duh) and good fluid levels. 

They were also measuring for size. Now, most of you know by now that I have a tendency to grow some big babes. My own two were 9 & 10lbs. Charlie was 9lbs. From the start, we were told this one was going to be small. But, alas, this recent ultrasound rained on my parade. This little bundle is right on track with all of the others at 9lbs, 8oz right now. Why?!

At my OB exam, they checked my progression and I just cannot catch a break. I was at 1cm for two weeks in a row and now am at 2cm. Seriously, I could've punched the guy (if he weren't just so sweet). He joked that he could sweep my membranes and from my reaction, just chuckled. Uh, no, that'll never happen again. 

Food Cravings/Aversions:  I have been having quite a bit of indigestion (especially in the middle of the night) so I am very cautious of what I eat. I made the mistake of having lasagna the other night. Ouch. Cereal has been my go-to. It's the safest way to eat at this point. 

I'm looking forward to: the final stretch! There is an end in sight! If I don't go sooner, I have a scheduled induction for Monday, November 16th at 6pm. 

Belly: 
39.5 Weeks

40 Weeks



3 comments:

  1. Thumbs up to you. Well written and well described.
    Surrogacy Center in India has brought the happiness for infertile couples. Today they are blessed with a lovely baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - Just wondering if everything turned out ok. I hope you and everyone else is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am wondering as well if everything went ok. You all stopped posting at 39 weeks. Hope all was ok.

    ReplyDelete