Friday, March 6, 2015

Beta #2... Surrogate Side

Just a quick update...  

Image result for 4 weeksGet this!  I am currently 4 weeks pregnant!! What?!  Yep. According to the due date calculator for IVF pregnancies, I am 4 weeks, 1 day pregnant as of today. And, we are due 11/12/2015. This still hasn't hit me yet.

I went in for my follow-up beta blood test this morning to be sure that my levels are progressing appropriately from our last blood test on Wednesday morning.  According to the Gods of reproduction, beta levels (hCG), should double every 48-72 hours.  

Here's a table that shows average levels by weeks:
  • 3 weeks LMP: 5 – 50 mIU/ml
  • 4 weeks LMP: 5 – 426 mIU/ml
  • 5 weeks LMP: 18 – 7,340 mIU/ml
  • 6 weeks LMP: 1,080 – 56,500 mIU/ml
I am 4 weeks along so my levels should be between 5 - 426.  The nurse just called me a bit ago and revealed our latest number... dun, dun, dun...   431!

A good strong number!  The nurse was pleased that it more than doubled in two days and let me know that we will have an early ultrasound in 2 - 2.5 weeks.  

I was in touch with K and she, too, is super excited!  I think J was excited, too, because I was told that he shared that they were having another baby with the Dunkin' Donuts worker!  Bahahahaha!!!  Love it!

Here's to more waiting!!  o_O

No comments:

Post a Comment