Thursday, September 19, 2013

24 week update... Surrogate Side

Date: September 11th, 2013 (Happy 9th wedding anniversary to my hubby and me!)

How Many Weeks:  24 weeks!

Total Weight Gain: 7ish pounds

Baby Size:  Canteloupe
 

What is going on with this baby:
  • His see-through skin is gradually becoming more opaque.
  • And it's got a new pink glow, thanks to the small capillaries that have recently formed.
    Maternity Clothes: Yes, yes, yes.  And, I love 'em!

    Sleep: Not so bad.  We've been on vacation so the kids' sleep patterns are a little whacky, but it actually works in our favor (for once)!  They actually have been sleeping in longer in the mornings!  I don't think we've ever slept past 7am!  We even had a morning of 8:30am - what?!  As far as comfort of sleeping due to the pregnancy; it really hasn't been bad.  My bladder fills up quickly (maybe due to being so smushed... ha, ha), but otherwise sleeping is good.

    Movement:  I think I tell you every time that this little boy moves a ton.  He does.  I haven't had anyone be able to feel him from the outside, but we did this week.  We were at my brother's rehearsal for his wedding ceremony (he got married!  Eek!) and butterball was bouncing all around.  My mom was nearby and I asked her if she would like to feel the baby.  She was a little hesitant, but said, "yes, please!"  I placed her hand on my belly and baby boy gave her a huge wallop!  Her eyes got big, looked directly at me and had a glimmer in her eye and said, "hunny, that's wonderful".

    Symptoms: Nothing really new...  Same old, same old!  I have to tell you - my boobies were the talk of the wedding...  LOL!!!  Geesh.

    Food Cravings/Aversions:  Oh, I really did it up this week - we're on vacation!!  I ate so much and so well!  However, when we were traveling to Baltimore for my brother's wedding, it really hit me.  Yeah, I've had some "desires" for certain things, but I never would really consider them "cravings".  Well, I gotta tell ya.  I had a craving on the drive to Baltimore.  I wanted ice cream and I only really like hard serve ice cream.  So, that said, craving hard serve ice cream while traveling is not ideal.  You don't really see ice cream shops driving down a highway.  I was literally feeling sick to my stomach because I wanted it so bad.  That had never happened to me before!  My incredibly awesome hubby worked his magic.  He found me a Coldstone Creamery and got me the most delightful ice cream ever!  Love him!  Stomach pains miraculously disappeared.  Hmm...

    I'm looking forward to: K&J being able to feel this amazing child kick and squirm soon!

    Belly: 
    Lil' Matey on board Captain Jack's Pirate Tour in Virginia Beach!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment