Thursday, September 19, 2013

25 week update... Surrogate Side

Date: September 19th, 2013

How Many Weeks:  25 weeks!

Total Weight Gain: 7ish pounds (I'll find out officially this afternoon - I don't step on the scale at home...)

Baby Size:  Cauliflower
 

What is going on with this baby:
  • He's enjoying his new sense of equilibrium -- he now knows which way is up and which is down.  Maybe he'll now stop pouncing on my awkward girly parts.....??!?  This girl can only hope!
  • He's growing more fat and more hair too!  Totally gonna be one super studly baby boy.  Ladies, watch out!
Maternity Clothes:  Uh-huh!  I adore them.  I was telling a friend of mine in the early stages of this pregnancy (when my regular clothes were beginning to get tight) that my maternity pants were just terrible and too short and just not gonna work.  Funny thing happened a little bit ago; I tried on those same pants that I said were just terrible and they were simply delightful.  I told her that I think my standards are drifting and that I may just be settling.  Huh.  Oh well!  I'm a lot more comfortable!!! 

Sleep:  Pretty good still.  Still waking to go potty (with my daughter, hmph...), but nothing to really complain about.

Movement:  Still a really good mover and shaker!

Symptoms:  My belly has really started to feel tight (umm, maybe because it doubled in size all of a sudden??) and my back has started to become achy.  If I sit for long periods of time, my tailbone hurts like heck and when I attempt to get up to walk around, the pain increases and it's like I can't even get out of my chair.  Kinda like an old person trying to get out of their chair.  Pretty comical scene for my coworkers... Otherwise, still doing great and can't complain!

Food Cravings/Aversions: I love food.  That about sums it up.

I'm looking forward to:  asking my OB this afternoon just how big this baby is... He's definitely grown a bit (wink, wink).  I don't remember being this big this early with either of my other 2 pregnancies and they turned out to be 9 and 10lb babies...........  Ha, ha!

Belly: 
Yup - I think I've grown a real baby belly... My coworkers are in awe that I still  have 15 weeks to go! (PS: this is before I've eaten.) 


No comments:

Post a Comment