Monday, September 23, 2013

26 week update... Surrogate Side

Date:  September 23rd, 2013

How Many Weeks:  26 weeks!

Total Weight Gain: A whopping 13lbs!  Omigosh!  Who knew??  Geesh!  7 additional pounds since my previous OB appointment (which, in  my defense, was 6 weeks before... A bit longer than usual due to me being out of state.)  Hey, it helps me deal with the huge hike (wink, wink)!  My OB doesn't seem to be concerned what-so-ever, but holy heck... 

Baby Size: Lettuce
 

What is going on with this baby:
  • His eyes are forming, and his eyes will soon start to open.  They're just going to be beautiful - can't wait for this little guy to see his folks for the very first time!!!
  • And his eyelashes are now grown, too.  Never too many of those.  Why is it that boys always have the fullest eyelashes?!
  • He's getting his immune system ready for life on the outside by soaking up your antibodies.  I will do what I can to make them healthy antibodies...  (*Note to self: less junk food.  Ahem, no really...)
  • He's taking breaths, too. They're of amniotic fluid, not air, but it's still good practice.
Maternity Clothes: Oh yeah.  There's no turning back now!  And, I'm lovin' 'em. 

Sleep:  Still not complaining.  I actually think it may have gotten better??  Well, at least I've slept particularly well these past few nights. 

Movement:  Yep.  Just last night, I tried to snap a picture of his little booty popping out of the right side of my belly, but as soon as I got the camera out, he moved it back in.  Camera shy.  I think I took too long since I had initially forced my hubby to take a look at my lopsided belly.  He's not really a fan of seeing that stuff - never really liked it either when it was our own babies in the oven...  But, he saw it.  LOL!  Next time, I'll snap the pic for K&J first and THEN torture my hubby. 

Symptoms:  More and more Braxton Hicks.  These have been occurring quite a bit since around week 11 or so (I know, very early), but it is very common for me.  I had them very early with my daughter and they continued throughout my entire pregnancy on a regular basis; mostly in the evening.  This pregnancy seems to be no different in that regard.  Some are a little painful (since he sits SOOOOO LOW), but totally tolerable!  It's actually kinda cool to see.

Food Cravings/Aversions:  Umm, I like sweets.  I told K at some point earlier in this pregnancy that I had no self-control when it came to cake and whoopie pies with my last pregnancy.  I guess she took note because just a few days ago I had a special delivery from a very nice local bakery.
Yep, there are 3 red velvet and 3 chocolate whoopie pies, 3 vanilla sprinkle and 3 chocolate PB cupcakes.                      I think I've died and gone to heaven.

I'm looking forward to:  capturing weird belly moments for K&J!

Belly:


No comments:

Post a Comment