Wednesday, May 8, 2013

And, it hits me like a TON of bricks... Surrogate Side

At the initial onset of implantation and when I first started feeling pregnant (around 4.5 weeks), I had a little bit of nausea and sore boobies which was very similar to the pregnancies of my own children.  Then...nothing.  I  mean I still had some sore boobies (I don't think those are going anywhere), but I pretty much felt great.  I would even forget sometimes that I was pregnant.

Well, that all changed two days ago when the nausea hit me like a ton of bricks.  No lie - a ton of bricks.  I am not throwing up, but sometimes think I'd feel better if I did.  The nausea comes in waves; sometimes I'm feeling okay and then 3 seconds later, BAM!  Bleh.  It's pretty comical, though.  This pregnancy is on a whole new level than my own pregnancies.  It makes me wonder if it is due to the different DNA??  Either way, it's pretty cool.  This stuff intrigues me.

I know I need to eat, but nothing is appetizing.  Cooking dinner for my children is like Chinese water torture, I swear!  "Momma, aren't you gonna eat dinner with us?" - umm, no.  Sorry, kids; Momma's lucky to be able to just sit here next to you and not hurl from the smell.  But, enjoy.  Eat up!

Later that evening, I hadn't eaten and was brainstorming ideas of what I could possibly eat that wouldn't put me over the edge.  Thinking about options was even tough.  And then I came across "pizza".  I really wanted pizza.  We don't live in an area where you can get food delivered so scratch that idea.  I contemplated making a frozen pizza, but ultimately decided against it and settled for a meatball hotpocket.  Yeah, not even a close comparison and an awful substitution.  But, I was  able to eat it.  The pizza thing, however, did not let up until I had it for lunch the following day.  Now, I couldn't get close to a pizza even if I wanted to without blowing chunks.

I feel like everything is happening at once all of a sudden.  I can't button my pants any longer and other people are starting to notice my "pooch".  I figure it's just bloating.  I'm only 6.5 weeks along.  And then there's the saying... "you always pop quicker with every subsequent pregnancy."  I texted this picture to K.

Bloating or Belly?  You be the judge.


No comments:

Post a Comment