Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The early ultrasound... IP Side


The day had finally come for the early ultrasound. Although it had only been a few weeks since our positive beta, it seemed like eternity. We wanted to see what has been cooking in there!  Our intended carrier along with the ultrasound tech was kind enough to let us do FaceTime so that I could watch the ultrasound. We were disappointed we couldn't be there, but it was honestly just like we were watching the screen, love technology.  Unfortunately, my hubby had a work emergency and had to leave early that morning but I filled him in and the look on his face when I told him I saw the heartbeat was priceless! Although we were sad to hear that one of the babies probably wouldn't develop, we were quickly reminded how AMAZINGLY lucky we were that we saw a heartbeat and things looked perfect, and we know this is common with IVF cycles. A few days later I followed up with my IVF doctor and he said 'despite all the odds and history' we managed to have the best possible outcome. He laughed when I kept thanking him and he mentioned that this was the best call of the day for him. Great hearing that! We also received a mother's day card from our carrier. Love her!


Next ultrasound will be May 29th and after this our carrier can hopefully move on to our own OB!

1 comment:

  1. 3D ultrasound is a medical ultrasound technique, often used in obstetric ultrasonography (during pregnancy), providing three dimensional images of the fetus. Utltrasound technician salary

    ReplyDelete