I read it and I could totally relate to this! I replied to K and gave her a few of my own responses to some of them. I've copied and pasted the article below and included my responses to my absolute favorites. K thought they were a riot... Soon enough, K, soon enough! (wink,wink)
24 Clear Signs You're a Mom
We asked the moms of www.wemothers.com what it means to be a mom. Here is what they told us.
You know you are a mom when:
1. Instead of running from projectile vomit, you run towards it.
2. You do more in seven minutes than most people do all day.
3. Happy hour has become the 60 minutes between your kids going to bed and you going to bed.
- FOR SURE! (Haha - I loved the fact that it was 60 minutes - very true!)
4. A night of drinking requires more recovery time than minor surgery.
5. A glass of wine counts as a serving of fruit.
6. You have mini-therapy sessions all day long with anyone who will listen.
7. Going to the grocery store by yourself is a vacation.
- yup, but really weird, too.
8. You can experience heaven and hell at the same time.
9. You think of physical pain on three levels: pain, excruciating pain and stepping on a Lego.
10. You have the ability to hear a sneeze through closed doors in the middle of the night, two bedrooms
away, while your SO snores next to you.
11. You'd rather have a 103 degree fever than watch one of your kids suffer with it.
- most definitely!
12. You'd rather go to sleep than have sex.
- YOU'RE NOT KIDDING!
13. A 15-minute shower with the door locked feels like a day at the spa.
- yee-haw! (But, this does not happen anymore now that they know how to unlock the dang
thing... Stupid little plastic coins and cheap bathroom door locks...)
14. Peeing with an audience is part of the daily routine.
- every single time (unless I'm at work... ahh!)
15. You use baby wipes to clean up random spills and the dash of your car.
16. You lock yourself in the bathroom and pretend to have diarrhea just to get a break.
- I've done it!!!!
17. You love Moms' Night Out and Date Night with the Hubs.
18. You have a secret chocolate stash because frankly, you're sick of sharing.
19. You've been washing the same load of laundry for three days because you forgot to dry it.
- done that, too....
20. You realize you've been watching Nick Jr. alone, even though your kids have been in bed for over
21. You can cook dinner, breastfeed, talk on the phone and yell at the kids, all without breaking stride
or missing any of the TV show you are watching.
22. You get more excited about the Mini Boden Catalogue than J Crew's.
23. You decide to stick with your car for the next decade because a) you can't afford to switch and b)
you haven't found a car wash that knows how to get all the milk stains and glitter removed.
24. By the end of the day, brushing your teeth feels like a huge accomplishment.
I know there are other mommas out there who are right there with me on some of these. Very funny, but many are still very true... The time is almost here for K to experience the transition from "K" to "Momma". Be prepared! I wouldn't change a thing and I am confident that most moms wouldn't either. It's the greatest gift.
But, we all still have our moments: