Monday, December 30, 2013

40 week update... Surrogate Side

Date: Monday, December 30th, 2013

Tomorrow is the big day! We will be induced at 8:30am! Baby boy decided that he didn't want to come early (that's okay), but we all determined that it would be easiest if we induced since we didn't want anyone to miss the glory day!

K&J are anxiously awaiting their beautiful bundle and I'm excited to be able to share in their excitement and deliver them the greatest gift - their own child! The anticipation they must be experiencing right now, at this moment, must be incredible. I can't wait to get this show on the road for them!

I think I've gotten all of the last minute details taken care of with respect to my family, but I'm sure I've left something out. My husband will be by my side and my children will be well taken care of by one of my most cherished friends. That's really all that matters. 

As this journey comes to a close, the feelings I am experiencing are deep. I feel blessed to be able to share in K&J's journey to parenthood and honored to be able to give them their long-awaited dream -- their own child! 

This dream of mine is not for everyone, but it certainly was/is for me. I cannot express how fulfilled I feel. I can just imagine how I'll feel tomorrow when this baby arrives. And, the support I have received from my family, friends, coworkers and acquaintances has been mind-blowing! What a lucky gal I am!

Until tomorrow...


2 comments:

  1. Good luck tomorrow for easy labor vibes and congrats to all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope he's here and healthy!

    ReplyDelete