Tuesday, August 27, 2013

22 week update... Surrogate Side

Date: August 27, 2013

How Many Weeks:  22 weeks!

Total Weight Gain: About 6lbs still...

Baby Size:  Papaya
  
 
What is going on with this baby:
  •  Now that he's got more developed eyes and lips, he's looking even more like a newborn - this is gonna be one gorgeous fella!!  Just sayin'.
  • He's sleeping in cycles (or is supposed to be...!) -- about 12 to 14 hours per day (definitely less than that - this boy can move!  Maybe he just sleeps when I do???).
Maternity Clothes: Yes, kinda.  Belly bands are almost out the window - I can still do it!  I can do it, I can do it...  I do prefer, however, the maternity pants.  I just don't like how baggy/saggy they are in the bottom.  I wouldn't say that I was "petite" by any means, but those maternity wear makers just aren't the greatest with accommodating the varied sizes of women who become pregnant and need pristine-fitting clothing.  Yes, I am picky about my wardrobe...

Sleep: Eh...what can I say?  It could be better, but it's not so bad.  My baby girl continues to deem it necessary to alert me of her midnight potty excursions.  Just last night, my hubby tried to intercept (since he had just gotten home and was still awake), but, uh no.  That didn't work.  She just got scared and whined until she made it to my side of the bed.  Lol.  I had to pee anyway...  But, I did thank the hubby for his efforts.  Sweet guy, sometimes.

Movement:  All. The. Time.  Does this boy ever sleep???  Not that I'm complaining - I enjoy feeling him kick around in there.  But, I don't really enjoy when he is kicking the awkward, uncomfortable parts.  Like, my cervix.  Weird, weird, weird feeling. The bladder is not much fun, either.  Especially when you need to go!

Symptoms: None, really.  Apart from the ones mentioned last week (enormous, aching boobies and hideous varicose and spider veins), I've got nuthin' new to report.  Maybe headaches, actually.  They've been on the incline these days...

Food Cravings/Aversions:  No real cravings, still.  Cereal is still a big ticket item.  I do enjoy ice cream every now and then, too. (Friendly's Sundae Xtreme Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup).  Umm, yeah.  That is some good stuff right there.  Okay, I'll confess.  It's been a nightly treat these past few days... 

I'm looking forward to: 
  • Pregnancy-wise:  when the baby no longer kicks my cervix.  It really  is very awkward and weird. 
  • Personally: my brother's wedding coming up very soon!!!  I cannot believe he will no longer be my bachelor brother.  I didn't think this day would come, but always hoped it would.  He's my very best friend in the world.  Can't wait to share this special day with him and his future wife and baby's momma.
Belly:



No comments:

Post a Comment