Thursday, October 10, 2013

28 week update... Surrogate Side

Date: October 10th, 2013

How Many Weeks:  28 weeks!

Total Weight Gain:  2 additional pounds since my last OB appointment making a whopping 15lbs total!  Doc says she's happy with my weight gain!  I, personally, cringed when I saw 150lbs show up on the scale...  YIKES!

Baby Size:  Eggplant


What is going on with this baby:
  • He's starting to develop more fat, so his wrinkly skin will start to get smoother.  Getting more adorable by the minute!  I just can't wait to see this baby boy meet his parents!
  • His lungs are mature enough that he'd probably survive if he was born now. Wow!  But, I'm going to suggest that he stay put for just a while longer.  Let me help you fill that wrinkly skin some more.  K?

Maternity Clothes:  Tops are getting shorter...  Really, they are.  Must be the washing and drying process.  

Sleep:  Same old, same old.  I have been really fortunate to not have any discomfort or issues with my sleep.  If I remember correctly, I don't believe I had any problems sleeping with my own either.  Apart, of course, from the midnight potty runs...  I just don't know how my bladder fills that quickly with SO much fluid??  It's not like a drink a gallon of water before heading to bed or anything!  Geesh!

Movement:  I cannot say this enough; this boy moves ALL THE TIME!  K calls him her wild child.  I think she may be onto something......  Bahahaha!

Symptoms: Apart from the usual (boobs and veins) that I don't think are going anywhere anytime soon, some of the sporadic ones have subsided.  I don't really have headaches much.  My back only hurts occasionally.  But, I am beginning to get winded more easily and more frequently.  And, I can't eat too much at one sitting because if I move too quickly I can feel some of it come back up.  Kinda (really) gross, but hey - it's happening!!  Why not document it??

Food Cravings/Aversions: I'm still loving food, but didn't quite enjoy the not-so-delightful non-carbonated orange glucose beverage I had to drink on Monday morning.  I was actually worried that I wouldn't be able to enjoy all the foods I love (ahem, desserts) so thank the heavens above, I passed my glucose screen with flying colors!  Not even close to failing - not something I have ever experienced before.  I failed the first round with my son (passed the next) and only passed by 1 point with my daughter!  Both of my children were LARGE babies (9 & 10lbs) and both of their blood sugars crashed upon birth.  Doctors told me I was borderline diabetic with both.  But, this time around, it's NOT MY DNA and woot!  I passed by a landslide!  Maybe this baby will be smaller than my own??  Either way, I'm not really worried.  My 10lb-er was a super easy delivery; 4 pushes in less than 15 minutes and she was out and ready to eat! 

I'm looking forward to:  seeing my family again this weekend!  We live just too far away from each other...  Pregnancy related: still waiting to get this little butterball's belly performance on video for K&J!  And, getting more funny messages from K&J like the one below:


Belly:

No comments:

Post a Comment