Tuesday, October 29, 2013

31 week update... Surrogate Side

Date: October 29th, 2013

How Many Weeks:  31 weeks!

Total Weight Gain: I'm guessing 18lbs - we'll find out for sure on Friday for our big ultrasound appointment!

Baby Size:  Pineapple


What is going on with this baby:
  • He's going through major brain and nerve development.
  • Eye development, too. His irises now react to light!
  • All five of his senses are in working order.  I wonder if he now knows that he is kicking/punching those awkward parts.  Maybe he likes the sudden surprise movements on my part that his escapades evoke... ??  I was beginning to think that maybe we were beyond that, but low-and-behold... It starts back up today!
Maternity Clothes: Yes. Yes, I wear maternity clothes.  I'm almost beginning to wonder if I should just remove this little section.  However, I'm reluctant to make any changes.  Me and change don't mix well; believe it or not.  And, besides, I usually always come up with some little story to tell.  Just not this time.

Sleep: Great!  No problems, really.  I continue to toss and turn, but like I said last week, it is totally normal for me to do that without being pregnant.  Something that is really beginning to be a nuisance is leg cramps.  Whenever I stretch in bed, I have to be extra cautious not to stretch all the way down to my toes.  If I do (and don't immediately pull my toes back to my shin for relief), I will get the most massive leg cramp known to man.  Otherwise, sleep is great (and even the little angel hugs and kisses couldn't change that)!

Movement: I did it!  I got a video of the little bugger trying to punch/elbow his way out!!  I sent it to K&J - it was so cool.  But...I can't get it to post here.  LOL!  I've tried everything; post from my phone, send video to YouTube to post from there; copy and paste it -- nope, it's not working.  Sorry all!  K said that she'll try to upload it when she posts (which will be soon)!

Symptoms: Okay, hold on to your seats.  Get ready for the ramble of all that is achy (more like whining)... 
  1. My back hurts.  Yeah, enough said about that.
  2. I can't eat large (or even medium/small) meals without needing to take breaks.  Funny thing, just yesterday my husband looked at me during dinner and asked why I wasn't eating.  I took that as an opportunity to give him a little tutorial on my growing belly.  I lifted my shirt and gave him a demonstration as to just how much room my stomach has at this point.  I even explained that much of what I eat just sits in my esophagus until my stomach can digest over time (which, in turn, explains my breaks).  I even told him that if I happen to have to belch, if I'm lucky, some of the already chewed food will resurface with the bubble.  I ended the conversation with a good belly rub to show him that there is no stomach right there and that it is ALL BABY.  (wink, wink)
  3. My jackets don't fit.  If I try to wear my winter ski jackets, baby boy is not happy.  I tried wearing one this past week and it felt like the little bugger was trying to claw his way out.  And, when I unzip the jacket, I can feel my belly expand.  I have since been relying on my peacoat that happens to only have a two-button closure just above the belly which allows breathing room. 
  4. There are times (like this past Sunday) that are really painful.  There was so much pressure on my cervix.  I think my problem was I over-did-it on Saturday.  It was a long day.
  5. My belly is making a good table - here's a positive one for you.  When eating, I find it necessary to pull my plate to my belly.  A problem I am facing, though, is sitting at my computer at work.  Maybe I should just pull my laptop to my "belly-table"... ?  Hmm.  Food for thought.
  6. My belly is really beginning to stretch.  Although I never got any stretch marks with my own children, I still find myself thoroughly examining my belly for any trace of them.  And then I reapply lotion -- just to be safe.
  7. Oh, and my back hurts.

Food Cravings/Aversions:  I ADORE APPLESAUCE.  That's it.  Carry on.

I'm looking forward to:  an ultrasound on Friday!!  K and her mother-in-law will be joining me for the appointment - so exciting.  (And, I just learned that this will be K's mother-in-law's very first grandchild!  Can you imagine how excited she must be?!  I can't wait to meet her.  And, they're both gonna be able to feel this baby boy move in my belly!  He won't be shy for them, right??  He moves all day long normally, so I have a good gut-instinct that he'll play nice.)  I was officially transferred to my new doctor at my last OB appointment since we plan to deliver at a different hospital so I will also have my intake appointment with my new doctor on that same day.  Since K was going to be here for this appointment, I thought that it would be a good opportunity to tour the hospital where we will be delivering.  I had delivered there before, but I thought it'd be nice for K to have an idea of what to expect and where to go.  Since tours are usually given in the evenings or on the weekends, I called the hospital to explain our situation.  They were very accommodating! 

Belly:

No comments:

Post a Comment