Thursday, October 17, 2013

29 week update... Surrogate Side

Date: October 17th, 2013 (Happy birthday to my sister-in-law, Ellen, and nephew, Bo!)

How Many Weeks:  29 weeks!

Total Weight Gain:  Well, if I'm going with the 1lb/week average we've been seeing... I've gained 16lbs thus far.  OB appointment tomorrow afternoon for an accurate read.  No scales at home for this girl!  (Before this surrogacy, I never paid any attention to the scale at the doctor's office for my pregnancies.  I track it this time around for K&J and all of YOU!)  

Baby Size:  Acorn Squash


What is going on with this baby:
  • He's getting a little cramped in there, since he's growing so fast. (Yeah, I'm feeling all of those jabs and kicks -- love it!  And, they are still occasionally directed in the awkward girlie parts... Not-so-love it!)
  • He's growing white fat deposits under his skin, and his energy is surging because of it.  (Surging??  Oh, come on!  He can't get any more active!!!!  LOL!)
  • Baby boy can totally hiccup now.  Haven't felt it yet, but I'm sure I will!
Maternity Clothes:  I can't find a perfect medium.  I have two different styles of maternity pants; elastic, stretchy belly band style and under-the-belly "regular" fit.  I prefer the under-the-belly style since I really hate the way the stretchy band feels over my belly.  I usually will just fold the band over so it sits just under my belly button - it worked well for a while.  However,  since baby boy sits so low, I am getting very uncomfortable when the band slides down or the regular fit pants begin to dig into my "under the baby belly crevice".  So, I've been doing a couple of things to relieve the discomfort -- pull the elastic band all the way up to my enormous boobies (that's a sight to see) or (gasp!) unbutton my already really low "regular" fit pants and pull my already "shrinking" top down to cover it up.  I'm beginning to feel (and maybe look) like a freak show!  LOL!  But, I wouldn't change a darn thing!  Things are awesome!

Sleep: Really good lately.  The belly is getting heavy when sleeping on one side for long periods of time, but nothing a quick flip doesn't fix!  I toss and turn a lot anyway - totally normal for me.  On a personal note, my baby girl has graduated from standing at the side of my bed and crying for me to get up to cover her with her blankie to simply asking for a hug and kiss and putting herself back to bed.  SCORE!  I don't even have to get out of bed!  I am woken up, of course, but who can complain when it's by a precious little angel asking for a hug and kiss??! 

Movement:  Yeah, let me just be clear.  K&J are going to have their hands full.  He can successfully evoke a quick reflex/reaction on my end when he ever-so-dominantly stomps on my bladder.  Kinda funny in a mixed crowd.

Symptoms:  Braxton Hicks have surfaced more regularly.  My legs are very sore by the end of the day - especially my right leg where all the pretty "little" veins are.  Just yesterday, it felt like both legs (especially the right) were on the verge of cramping, but never got to the full-fledged cramp.  Just that uncomfortable, but tolerable, annoying feeling. 

Food Cravings/Aversions:  Still loving food, but in smaller portions -- all day.  I get full pretty quickly and let's just be honest here; it really sucks to have to stop eating when you're enjoying a meal.  So, there are times I stuff myself silly because it just tastes so good.  Now, I'm not just talking about my love of desserts.  (Really, I'm not!)  This pertains to everything; breakfast, lunch and dinner. And then, I just sit and sulk and scold myself that I won't ever do that again.  Until next time...

I'm looking forward to:  the holiday season!  Just (finally) decorated my house for Fall/Halloween.  My children get so excited when the decorations come out.  They see their old artwork and creations from the previous years and love to hang them on the walls.  They enjoy "sprinkling" the house with artificial leaves -- super fun to watch!  Excited for K&J to be able to experience these moments with their own little one soon enough!  They may even get a Christmas baby!! 

Belly:

No comments:

Post a Comment