Friday, April 25, 2014

Charlie VISIT... Surrogate Side

I got my snuggles, squeezes and smooches in!  Cutest baby ever.  
What a smile he has; lights up the whole room and warms my heart... 

I was so excited to see the little stud that I could barely sleep the night before.  I was like a little kid on Christmas Eve.  A family trip was in order for the occasion - the hubs was able to make the trip, too!  We packed up the kiddies and decided that we'd go to the Museum of Science. 

The whole day before, my son couldn't stop telling everyone that we were going to Boston.  The whole drive down there, he kept asking "when will we get to Boston?" and we had just left the house...  My husband and I just looked at one another and couldn't help but laugh.  My daughter, on the other hand, was able to contain her excitement about our drive down there and casually fell asleep at 9:15am.  She loves her beauty sleep.

When we finally made it down to Boston, both kids were ready for the fun.  I was super excited!  I was in touch with K and let her know where we'd meet her.  My kiddies were bouncing around with excitement and we took family funny family photos while we waited.

After our display of great strength, K and Charlie showed up!  I immediately get the camera and start shooting away!  He is just the cutest little man!!  My children were full of giggles!

I couldn't wait to get my hands on him!  He's gotten so big!

We had a blast at the museum - my children were all smiles!  Charlie was so well-behaved and happy.
Look at the CUTIE!  Little thumb-sucker!
Momma is clearly in her element!  So happy.
According to Momma, Charlie is very "inquisitive"... LOL!
My little darling just LOVES this little guy!
SNUGGLE, SQUEEZE, SMOOCH!

I wish I had a photo of the most hilarious moment of the entire visit...  
You know those turnstiles you enter/exit at museums, amusement parks, etc. ?  
Well, we had a bit of an incident involving one of those and a baby stroller. 

I am so happy that we were able to meet for a little visit.  It is really nice to watch him grow.  I was telling my husband on the way down that I was super psyched to see Charlie. From his reaction, I felt like I had to explain my excitement a bit to him.  I shared that I was not in any way "drawn" to him, but it's a different sort of "interest" in how he's doing, growing, etc.  I explained that it was fulfilling for me to see his progress since I'd been such an instrumental part of his conception.  The hubs seemed to understand.  At least he pretended to.... ??  Either way, he must truly trust and love me -- he's agreed to another journey!  My son said Charlie should have a sister...  What a loving little boy I have.  (Proud Momma here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment