Monday, April 14, 2014

Omg! Omg... Surrogate Side

When I finally reached the decision to carry a sibling for Charlie (and be K&J's surrogate again; I don't know which way is more "PC", but you get what I'm sayin'...), I didn't know how to share the news with K&J.  We communicate a lot via email and texting.  We were never really big phone conversationalists; we saved the phone calls for the "big deal" moments.  Although one could consider this a "bid deal" moment, I still decided to announce my decision via email.

The email exchange was really quite cute and read a little something like this:

Me:  I'm in. :)

K&J:  Are you serious????
Are you sure??!!
Are you kidding me??!

Me:  Yep, I'm sure.  I'm not kidding.  Let's do this.  But, let's wait a while... ;)
Late fall?  I just remember carrying my daughter so close after giving birth to my son 
and I felt like if I opened my legs too far that she'd fall out. o_O 
What do you think?

K&J:  100% agree.  We need to wait a bit.  Late fall for sure.
I just cried reading your email.  J is going to be jumping up and down.  G...I can't even imagine!!!!
This is amazing, we can't ever thank you.  We really can't!!!

Me:  I have chills.  And, tears in my eyes.  Love you guys! :)

K&J:  We love you!!!
    Omg!  Omg.

They really are the most amazing couple I know.  Their appreciation is undeniable.  Later that afternoon (I assume after K had shared the news with J), I received this picture:

Celebration!

Seriously.  How did I get so freakin' lucky??  And, Charlie?  Couldn't be any cuter.  Check him out...

Can you say future HEART-BREAKER??!
So happy!  (J said that hat had to be burned...LOL!)

No comments:

Post a Comment