Friday, April 19, 2013

The day after... Surrogate Side

As the evening of the transfer progressed, I would feel some twinges and mild cramping.  Good, right??  When I woke up in the morning, I was thinking, "umm...there MUST be some magic happening because I haven't felt cramps like this since I was a teenager!"  I was in touch with K and let her know how I was feeling and we both chalked it up to being good because it was SO different than the last time.

However, as the morning went on and the more I moved around, I began getting nauseous and cold sweats and ended up not being able to walk.  I was in so much pain.  Agony.  I let K know that something was wrong and that I was going to call the nurse; which I did.  They wanted me to been seen by the doctor right away.  I was brought to the clinic and seen upon my arrival.

The doctor was stumped.  It couldn't be an infection from the procedure as it was too early.  He had me describe what happened and his initial diagnosis was a ruptured ovarian cyst.  His internal exam confirmed it.  Turns out, it was completely coincidental to the transfer; not caused by it.  Although very uncommon, it can sometimes happen.  I asked the doctor (on several occassions!) if this would affect the embryos at all.  Every time, his answer was "no, they should be just fine" or "the ovaries are not the same as the uterus".  Good news!  Let me lose an ovary, who cares?, but let those embryos be okay!! LOL!

In the end, I was fine.  I was in a lot of pain for the remainder of the day and into the next.  And then, absolutely no pain at all.  Phew!  I was pleasantly surprised to receive a phone call from Circle to make sure I was doing okay - my IPs had gotten in touch with them so they were aware of what was going on.  Just another indicator that the right choice was made and I chose the PERFECT agency. 

Now onto the two week wait until my beta blood test scheduled for Saturday, April 20th, 2013...  Bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment